Friday 17 October 2014

Another week down......

....and things are starting to feel 'normal'. I'm beginning to feel more at ease and settled here.

Last post I talked about my hideous driver's licence photo. Well, Matt had his done, and while it's not as bad as mine, it was still pretty terrible. I don't know why, but they made both of us tuck our chins in, and the results were not attractive - LOL!

On Sunday, Bree & Lachie were hit with a tummy bug and were really unwell. Lachie was sick again on Tuesday, and they've both been a bit washed out from it. Then Matt came down with something similar last night. I'm still trying to work out how a grown man can moan and complain more than his kids did when they were sick together!

On Wednesday, we visited Duffy's, which is supposed to be the best coffee shop in town. I have to say we were pretty impressed. From the outside, it doesn't look like much, but once you pass through the gates, it's like a little oasis. Coffee was good and strong. It's more expensive than anywhere else for coffee, but it was worth it. We're planning to go again on the weekend, and hopefully it will be our replacement cafĂ© for our usual Saturday family cuppa.

I finally got to open a local bank account on Tuesday, but it will be another fortnight before I get my card. Until then, we're still having to pay a fortune in overseas transaction fees using our Australian Cards.

Tomorrow we're planning on going to the Holiday Inn craft markets. I'm hoping to get myself a good sized billum to use as a cross-body handbag.

I promise to upload some pics soon.

Til next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment