Sunday 22 March 2015

Sunday Serenity

Sorry for my rant the other day. I was feeling frustrated and torn and just needed to vent.

While our apartment might be tiny, it's still better than how many PNG nationals live. Plus, I can't put a price on the convenience of living so close to school and work. My colleagues that live in town are constantly complaining about the commute to Waigani. The traffic in Port Moresby is really bad. Between the terrible condition of the roads,  dodge cars, generally poor driving skills, and lots of congestion,  driving anywhere is often frustrating a slow.

As I'm sitting here by the pool, in resort style surroundings, I think that this place isn't all that bad. It's modern, clean and secure, with all the facilities that we need. Our apartment might not be spacious on the inside, but it meets most of our requirements, and it's a damn sight better accommodation than many of my colleagues have in the settlement areas.

In good news, my Mum is coming to visit next month. Yay! I can't wait to show her around. Matt is heading to Manila with some friends, so Mum will play 'house-husband' for a few days while I'm a work.

I'm going to try to climb back aboard the blogging wagon and post more regularly.

To finish, this is my view today



Til next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment