Monday 18 August 2014

Day 11: My 10 favourite foods

Food, glorious food! Sometimes I love it a little too much. Today's challenge is my 10 favourite foods, so lets get started.

  1. Cheese. Any kind of cheese, hard, soft, melted and gooey. I love it all!
  2. Cheesecake :)
  3. Spaghetti bolognese
  4. Bree's San Choi Bow
  5. Spanakopita (Greek cheese, spinach and filo pie)
  6. Home made macaroni cheese
  7. Dark chocolate with almonds
  8. Buttered popcorn flavoured Jelly Belly jellybeans
  9. Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon
  10. Peanut butter Lindt balls
That's the challenge done. Now onto PNG progress.
Still no sign of my contract, but I'm assured that it's coming. I keep going from feelings of excitement about our adventure, to intense self doubt wondering what the hell I've gotten myself into. 

I'm also still undecided about schooling options for Bree. If the school fees were included as part of my work package, it would probably be a much easier decision. However, as we have to pay for them ourselves, we need to weigh up the different international school's academic records, education fees and Bree's safety and comfort. Although the international schools come under the same umbrella organisation, the fees range from around $6,500 for the cheaper schools to around $20,000 for the dearer school (per year, AUD). The Australian High Commission staff send their children to the dearer school, but I'm not really sure why. I will be talking to one of the guys on the ground up there later this week to discuss where other staff on my particular aid program send their children. Once I'm 'in country' I'll be able to visit the schools to make my final decision.

In terms of Lachie's education, we're looking at distance education via the NSW Department of Education Distance Education program. Lachie is far more reserved that Bree, so is much more suited to being at home with Matt having one-on-one tuition. Whereas Bree is very social and needs that interaction with peers.

Still, with no contract in my hands, and nothing 'set in stone' I'm going a little stir crazy because I can't organise or plan ANYTHING. Those that know me know that I like to organise and plan everything in advance, so I'm trying to maintain my sanity by researching schools, social groups, sports, activities, rental properties, future holidays, car prices and anything else I can think of to look into. 

Anyway, I'd better sign off until tomorrow's post.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment