Saturday 23 August 2014

Day 14: 3 healthy habits

I'm a bit confused about today's blog challenge of 3 healthy habits. Is it 3 healthy habits that I have, should have or want to have. Or is it 3 healthy habits that everyone should have? It's a bit of an ambiguous statement.
How about I just try to cover all bases:
  1. In the last couple of years, I've taken up running. Although I don't know if I'd call it a habit. More of a half-arsed continuation of an activity that I know is good for me. I started out not being able to run for more than a minute without keeling over and gasping for breath. But after months of slogging it out doing a couch to 5km program, I finally got there. It always takes a bit of willpower to get out for a run, and the first 5 to 10 minutes always sucks. Having said that, I always feel better after completing a run, and proud that I've completed it.

  2. Drink more water. I always feel better when I drink heaps of water each day. Although I quite often don't drink enough to keep me adequately hydrated. More often that not, the majority of my water consumption comes from coffee and tea, which isn't ideal.

  3. Eat fresh fruit: I don't get my 2 pieces of fruit in a day, but I'm trying to get in the habit of eating at least 1 piece. Having said that, I do eat a lot of fresh veggies.
Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment